Tell me and I forget. Show me and I remember. Involve me and I understand.- Chinese Proverb
Below are portions of my philosophy of education.
- Teachers should teach the way student learn.
- Teacher should develop strong professional relationships with their students.
- Education should focus on life long learning not just grades and success.
- Students should have an active role in the learning process.
- Students need to assume responsibility for their learning.
- All students need to be treated equally and be given equal opportunities to learn.
- Classrooms should be warm and inviting; a place where students want to be and feel comfortable.
- All students need to feel welcome and know they are important.
- Part of a teacher’s job is to teach the students that education is life long and doesn’t end after formal schooling is over.
- There is a difference between schooling and education
- Education should equip students to be well-rounded and intellectual members of society.
“Education should not be based upon grades, successes, or results of standardized tests, but instead it should focus on true and everlasting intelligence. I believe that high grades alone do not always equal true intelligence or success.”
“I define success in education as changing the life of one child and making a difference in students lives. For me success in education is not being voted teacher of the year, but instead success is truly educating and impacting our students.”